Wood, Carlton & Hudson, P.C.
Wood, Carlton & Hudson, P.C.
Call For A Free Case Evaluation

July 2015 Archives

Workers' compensation benefits in Tennessee

The state of Tennessee has outlined steps for financial recovery for injured workers. The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development has set up a protocol for workers who are having difficulty receiving workers' compensation benefits. Individuals who are not having problems receiving benefits should not contact the Department. This article provides an overview of the process.

Working while receiving SSI benefits

As discussed previously on this blog, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a government program that provides low-income individuals who suffer a disability or are of a certain age with a stipend. In order to qualify, individuals must be 65-years-old or older, or suffer a disability or blindness. Though SSI benefits can be extremely helpful in tough times, it may not be enough. But, can an individual work while receiving SSI benefits?

Employer responsibility to injured Tennessee workers

Each state has laws concerning injured workers. The state of Tennessee is no different. There are certain responsibilities that every employer has to his or her employees regardless of the cause of any work injuries. Citizens must know their rights to ensure that they are not violated by unscrupulous employers.

Work injury statistics

Most Mississippi residents need to work to provide for themselves and their families. When an individual is injured at work, these injuries can negatively affect his or her physical and financial health. This article focuses on statistics surrounding nonfatal work injuries from the Bureau of Labor Statistics U.S. Department of Labor (BLS).

How to appeal a Social Security Disability denial

Residents of Mississippi who have suffered an injury or illness that left them totally disabled may be eligible for Social Security disability benefits. To be considered disabled, under the Social Security Administration's definition, the person must be rendered unable to perform basic work duties. The agency determines whether an individual is able to adjust to another work environment due to their medical condition. The medical condition must be expected to last for at least one year or to result in the injured person's death.

Contact Our Firm

Contact Our Firm.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Wood, Carlton & Hudson, P.C.

Corinth Office
516 Cruise Street
Corinth, MS 38835

Toll Free: 866-490-8414
Phone: 662-643-4341
Fax: 662-287-8040
Corinth Law Office Map

Tupelo Office
150 S Green St, Bldg 2 Ste F
Tupelo, MS 38804

Toll Free: 866-490-8414
Phone: 662-643-4341
Fax: 662-489-4036
Map & Directions

Pontotoc Office
127 West Oxford Street
Pontotoc, MS 38863

Toll Free: 866-490-8414
Phone: 662-643-4341
Fax: 662-489-4036
Map & Directions