Wood, Carlton & Hudson, P.C.
Wood, Carlton & Hudson, P.C.
Call For A Free Case Evaluation

When does workers’ comp run out?

Whether you have suffered a minor or severe injury at work, you’re probably wondering how long workers’ compensation benefits can last.

The answer to this question varies depending on your injury, but there are legal limitations and guidelines that can help you get an idea of what to expect from your claim.

How much compensation can I expect?

If you have been injured while working on the job, you can collect workers’ compensation for two-thirds of your average weekly wage.

However, despite your wage, you will not be eligible to receive more than $449.12 each week.

How long can I collect workers’ compensation for minor injuries?

If your injury prevents you from working for 14 days or longer, wage loss payments that include the first five days you did not work will be covered. If your injury prevents you from working for 13 days or less, you will not receive wage loss payments for the first five days that you do not work.

A medical professional’s written diagnosis of your injury and treatment should determine the amount of time you should reasonably avoid returning to work.

What if my injury prevents me from returning to work indefinitely or for a long time?

For a worker who has suffered a permanent disability as a result of an injury at work, workers’ compensation benefits may be paid for up to 450 weeks.

How long do I have to make a claim?

Workers should notify an employer of an injury within 30 days of the incident. However, the employee then has up to two years to file a workers’ compensation claim.

If you have more questions concerning Mississippi’s Workers’ Compensation law or are interested in filing a claim, talk to an attorney. A lawyer can help you work through potential Workers’ Compensation/employer disputes to help you secure your rights and take the time you need to recover.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Contact Our Firm

Contact Our Firm.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Wood, Carlton & Hudson, P.C.

Corinth Office
516 Cruise Street
Corinth, MS 38835

Toll Free: 866-490-8414
Phone: 662-643-4341
Fax: 662-287-8040
Corinth Law Office Map

Tupelo Office
150 S Green St, Bldg 2 Ste F
Tupelo, MS 38804

Toll Free: 866-490-8414
Phone: 662-643-4341
Fax: 662-489-4036
Map & Directions

Pontotoc Office
127 West Oxford Street
Pontotoc, MS 38863

Toll Free: 866-490-8414
Phone: 662-643-4341
Fax: 662-489-4036
Map & Directions