Wood, Carlton & Hudson, P.C.
Wood, Carlton & Hudson, P.C.
Call For A Free Case Evaluation

Will you need rehabilitation before you return to work?

As you continue to recover from the injury you sustained at your job in Mississippi, you are starting to look into your options for returning to work. While you are aware that it will take some time before you are able to return to the tasks you were previously assigned, you are anxious to get back to your responsibilities as soon as possible. Depending on the nature of your injury, this process could require you to undergo rehabilitation. 

After your accident, it is imperative that you stay in contact with your employer about the next steps of your recovery. As you receive information from your health care provider, pass along critical details to your employer. Usually, your superiors will provide you with the requirements you will need to have met before you are cleared to return to work. In the meantime, you may be assigned modified tasks or be allowed to telecommute. 

If rehabilitation is required, you may be asked to participate in one of several types. According to the Workers' Compensation Board, some of the options you may be given include the following:

  • Medical rehabilitation to help restore your physical abilities and function to their original form. 
  • Vocational rehabilitation if you are unable to return to your job at all due to the extensive injuries you suffered. This type of rehabilitation provides support in identifying new job options. 
  • Selective placement is the second part of vocational rehabilitation and will assist you in finding a job that caters to your disabilities if your injuries are permanent. 
  • Social services to assist you and your family with any challenges that may arise because of the injury you experienced at work. 

The information in this article is intended for educational purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Contact Our Firm

Contact Our Firm.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Wood, Carlton & Hudson, P.C.

Corinth Office
516 Cruise Street
Corinth, MS 38835

Toll Free: 866-490-8414
Phone: 662-643-4341
Fax: 662-287-8040
Corinth Law Office Map

Tupelo Office
150 S Green St, Bldg 2 Ste F
Tupelo, MS 38804

Toll Free: 866-490-8414
Phone: 662-643-4341
Fax: 662-489-4036
Map & Directions

Pontotoc Office
127 West Oxford Street
Pontotoc, MS 38863

Toll Free: 866-490-8414
Phone: 662-643-4341
Fax: 662-489-4036
Map & Directions